CAUGHT MY CHICKEN KILLER! *graphic*

Pics
Having gone through this thread in it's entirety, I have concluded that the only thing some folks are less prepared to deal with than raising chickens is dealing with the predators that arrive to eat their chickens.

Back to the OP's reaction to spotting a coon sniffing around his coop.....he trapped and killed it. OK by me if you have a use for a dead coon but is it required? No.......no it's not.

Does this qualify as snooping around?

SUNP1107.JPG

I'd say yes........but so what. He never got in and nobody else has either. Do your part to build predator tight housing and all the concern about humane or inhumane treatment of predators goes away......just like the predators do when they give up and move on. In the end, exclusion is the easiest and most humane method of dealing with predators there is.

It could be that I live in a city and the authorities frown upon anyone using a firearm inside the city limits.
If you can't shoot where you live, the Department of Conservation recommends drowning.
They definitely don't want them relocated.
Relocation:
Spreads disease from urban/suburban raccoons to rural populations.
Gives your problem to someone else.
Puts the animal in strange surroundings where it won't know where to find food or water.
Puts it in competition with the new population where it will have to fight for survival either injuring or killing the other, itself or both.
And, raccoons have huge territories so if it isn't relocated far enough, it will be right back.

It could be that I live in a city and the authorities frown upon anyone using a firearm inside the city limits.
Yes we use a pellet rifle for dispatch as city prevents discharge of firearm in city limits. They prefer that homeowners pay for professional critter control vs self trapping at all. But no way am I paying anyone to do what I’m perfectly capable of taking care of myself

Back
Top Bottom