Caught my egg thief on my game cam

Cheap fence with electric wire around the bottom. One 4000 volt jolt and he won't be back. It doesn't cost much. It will stop anything else in it's tracks too.
ep.gif

My goose is not broody like I thought. She just wanted to either lay and egg or sleep in the coop. I did put a door on it the coop last night. I couldn't take the chance of anything happening to her. I checked the gam cam and the fox wasn't there last night but did show up the night before.

I may have to get a trap since there is not way I can sit up all night waiting for the fox to show up. Youth is no longer on my side.

This is not a light globe in the usual sense. It 'impersonates' another predator making the critter who sees it scurry away. They will not come close to another predator - they fear themPr

Conibear trap in the doorway of the coop. No more fox. Check your local trapping laws about using conibear traps. Leg hold trap will work as well but both type of traps are not picky about what they catch. If you use a leg hold trap you can let them go alive if you catch a cat or a dog. They may leave with a limp. With the conibear trap the animal caught is not so lucky. Snap = dead.

Darin

One thing to remember is that we live in there teritory, they only do what mother nature has designed them to do. If we chose to live along side nature then we must protect our livestock with fences, gates, and doors. I have lived in rural MN and just saw a Fox for the first time in over 20 yrs. They help keep the food chain in check. We raised sheep for many years and they were always kept behind fences. When we were lambing we had a double fence and anything that got beyond that double fence was DEAD!! We have shot many puppy dogs that would be considered a lap dog. They are the worst for attacks. Our fences were that of narrow spaces at the bottom and got larger toward the top. Then we ran electric fence at 18 inches then at the top. They were also at least 5 ft tall. We are in charge of our animals and should never blame the wild life when we give them every chance to take what we cherish. Only when you have done everything within your power to fix the problem, and only then shoot to kill. We have also shot many loose dogs that were starving that had gotten into the inner fence because thier owners thaught so low of them. We had many losses do to coyote's that we also got a guard dog and they stopped. When we moved to the farm we had a female wolf hy-bred living just beyond the barn and yet she never bothered our dogs,cats,or sheep. We only harm mother nature when we don't exaust everything that we can do ourselves. THAT IS JUST SOME FOOD FOR THOUGHT !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom