Caution: My Eggs May Cause Warts...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mangled, May 21, 2008.

1. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

Seriously. My chickens are toad eaters. Today, while mowing, I somehow stirred up a huge bunch of baby toads at the top end of the property. There were probably 50-75, hopping everywhere.

I killed the engine on the mower and yelled for my little girl to come look, and the hens followed. I do believe my 5 year old is scarred for life. Those hens were snapping them up like candy. She kept chasing them away, but those hens are quick. [​IMG]

We saved 32. The rest are digesting in my hens' stomachs.

So, do you think I'll get any eggs with tadpoles? My 5 year old wants to know! [​IMG]

Em

2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG]

3. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    [​IMG]

4. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    [​IMG] Maybe they will all come out green even if you dont have an EE. [​IMG]

5. starshrike

starshrike Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2008
    Green Eggs & Ham right? If you have EE's then they'll be green inside and out [​IMG]

Yummy!

6. morelcabin

morelcabin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    When we find frogs we throw them in the pen and watch a game of feathered froggie football...my kids have always loved that part of owning chickens

7. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    So, do you think I'll get any eggs with tadpoles? My 5 year old wants to know!

Doubt it but if they hatch you could have some interesting croaking going on in your chicken pen!!! Em, that is really funny!!!!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by