Cayenne Pepper - Got it - Now what!

And here I thought Cayenne Pepper was given to the chickens to help prevent worms and parasites.
idunno.gif

I have read also that the cayenne pepper is a natural wormer
that works as good as garlic. Has anyone tried using it as a
wormer?

My Polish started laying every day after I started feeding the cayenne. I ran out so they went without for a couple of days and they stopped laying. The 6 layers don't seem to have changed their laying patterns. I thought they had to begin with, but I am only getting 4 eggs a day from 6 girls. I'm actually wondering if maybe the hens aren't older than they were supposed to be. They were sold ot me last summer as pullets that just started laying but they look older and a couple of them are laying huge double yolkers.

Quote:
First, I have to say that I just got back to this thread. But I have never had a problem with laying. I was just referring to the type of Cayenne pepper I use. I only use it once a week or so when I add pellets to the feeder. I consistently get 11-12 eggs a day from 12 hens. On rare occasion, I get ten eggs. This is week after week, month after month. Just the way it has been. Fortunate, I guess.

I haven't seen a difference either, Joe. Slackers.

I have noticed that the red pepper flakes I shook around to deter the mice has not lasted long enough to deter anything. The greedy little pig chickens gobbled it right up. They must find it to be tasty stuff, as nary a red flake remained after they hoovered their way through the pen. Wish they'd hoover up the mice too. And then lay some eggs.
rant.gif

Back
Top Bottom