Hey all,
As someone new to Cayuga owning, can they come in any color other than black?
Or if the ducklings are not black does that mean they’re not pure Cayuga??
Cayugas are completely black with a nice iridescence to their feathers but as they age, they can get white weathers (especially females).

I'm trying to remember what mine looked like as ducklings, and I do believe they were all black, maybe a bit lighter on the underside. My Cayuga mixes has splashes of white on their chests which was yellow as babies.

Cayugas are completely black with a nice iridescence to their feathers but as they age, they can get white weathers (especially females).

I'm trying to remember what mine looked like as ducklings, and I do believe they were all black, maybe a bit lighter on the underside. My Cayuga mixes has splashes of white on their chests which was yellow as babies.
I can second this. Ideal poultry even advertises in their pics their cayuga ducklings as black with the yellow chests as ducklings, although I see them more as just black.

Couldn’t find any either but saw someone today trying to, I guess, scam over people saying they had them. Shame.
Yes, I would say scam. Especially with that many colours. *sigh* You have to be so careful nowadays...

I know I see ads for Cayuga which are obviously mixed-breeds, and some for Magpie that are just a duck with various spots of colour.

Back
Top Bottom