Cayuga duck eggs incubation

Chi

Songster
Dec 5, 2017
View attachment 1924046 View attachment 1924045 View attachment 1924047 View attachment 1924047 I have 2 Cayuga ducks and they are 2 years old now. And the boy keeps mating with my Muscovy ducks. Out of curiosity I bought a small incubator (7eggs) to see if it’s mating with my female Cayuga or not... I put 7 Cayuga eggs in the incubator and they’ve been there for 5 days now, I could only see little dark spots... no veins spotted yet... I really hope they are fertilised ... ahhhh:barnie:he

Last edited:
If that muscovy lays eggs take one and crack it open (and don't waste it!!!) And if there is a bulls eye on the yolk it's fertilized. That means probably almost all of them are.

If that muscovy lays eggs take one and crack it open (and don't waste it!!!) And if there is a bulls eye on the yolk it's fertilized. That means probably almost all of them are.
Yes... I am hatching the eggs my Cayuga duck laid... I hardly see the male cayuga mates with her.. lol

I’ve uploaded some photos of the eggs..there’s only one that seems have a ring?... it’s been 5 days!!! I’m so impatient lol

Whoops sorry I meant Cayuga :lau
bullseye.jpg
this is a bullseye

Back
Top Bottom