Because we aren't vets we can't make a clear diagnosis but since your duckling hasn't been on any type of niacin supplement I'd start there. Usually a week or longer gives you an idea that is what it is. We have to eliminate and when they are young like yours it's best to start with the niacin deficiency. Hopefully, that is what it is because it can be easily fixed when they are young. I'd get this duckling on it ASAP.
Activated charcoal is always good to have on hand.
If this was a toxin I don't think your duckling would be eating. Does he/she have a good appetite?

Because we aren't vets we can't make a clear diagnosis but since your duckling hasn't been on any type of niacin supplement I'd start there. Usually a week or longer gives you an idea that is what it is. We have to eliminate and when they are young like yours it's best to start with the niacin deficiency. Hopefully, that is what it is because it can be easily fixed when they are young. I'd get this duckling on it ASAP.
Activated charcoal is always good to have on hand.
If this was a toxin I don't think your duckling would be eating. Does he/she have a good appetite?
I'm so terribly sorry to have taken this long to reply and at least let you know what's going on. Especially since you were so very helpful when I needed it. Which I wanted to thank you for. I greatly appreciate it. Anywho good news the wittle duck made a 100% recovery. Still waddling around with the rest of the flock. The very night I read your post I started administering the complex b for the niacin deficiency. Started to see the wittle duckie get better day by day. I think it was only like 2-3 days for full recovery. To be safe though I did keep administering the supplement for a little over a week. Now that I've watched the older flock intermix with these younger ones, I'm kinda starting to think my duck Richard had something to do with injuring her while trying to mate in the water. He is always chasing the poor thing. Either way my wittle duckie is and has been back to being 100% healthy. Thank goodness 🙏

That is great news!! thank you for updating.

I don't know how old this duck is but if she isn't close to laying age she shouldn't be in with a drake. If he mates her he can injure her.

Back
Top Bottom