Cayuga duck mixes

TJchicks

Hatching
5 Years
Jul 25, 2014
Montgomery, LA
I'm about to borrow a Cayuga Drake from a friend to breed with my hens and I'd like to know what the babies will look like when they pop out. I have a Buff hen, a Rouen hen, a Mallard hen, and a Cayuga hen. Does anyone have those kind of mixes?

Thaney Design

Songster
Mar 20, 2019
Harmony Township, NJ
549FFB1D-7B47-4F49-A153-986572B8A16E.jpeg

This guy is half Rouen, as my only female is one. The father could be:
- a Rouen
- what is either a Rouen or a rouen cross
- Swedish blue
- Cayuga

the Cayuga, Daffy, was sadly killed on Thanksgiving morning by my partner’s dog, who is usually good with our birds but went a little nutty after having a litter of puppies and feeling she had to supplement what I was feeding them. :( he was my favorite duck. Boyfriend and I were really sad... but he said maybe she heard it was a Thanksgiving tradition to eat a large bird.

I hope it’s Daffy’s baby.

he’s the only hatchling as of right now.... :-/

Miss Lydia

~Gift of God ~ Eternal Life ~John 3:16
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
View attachment 1987534

This guy is half Rouen, as my only female is one. The father could be:
- a Rouen
- what is either a Rouen or a rouen cross
- Swedish blue
- Cayuga

the Cayuga, Daffy, was sadly killed on Thanksgiving morning by my partner’s dog, who is usually good with our birds but went a little nutty after having a litter of puppies and feeling she had to supplement what I was feeding them. :( he was my favorite duck. Boyfriend and I were really sad... but he said maybe she heard it was a Thanksgiving tradition to eat a large bird.

I hope it’s Daffy’s baby.

he’s the only hatchling as of right now.... :-/
That little one is adorable! Very sorry for your loss.

Kholts

Songster
Feb 11, 2019
Canada
E9AF6461-0445-4F17-81F2-6B537383E376.jpeg

This front crested duck is suspected Cayuga/Rouen though I don’t know for sure and I don’t know who was dad/mum. She has the beetle sheen in spots over her body.

Top Bottom