Cayuga duck mixes

TJchicks

Hatching
5 Years
Jul 25, 2014
Montgomery, LA
I'm about to borrow a Cayuga Drake from a friend to breed with my hens and I'd like to know what the babies will look like when they pop out. I have a Buff hen, a Rouen hen, a Mallard hen, and a Cayuga hen. Does anyone have those kind of mixes?

I'm about to borrow a Cayuga Drake from a friend to breed with my hens and I'd like to know what the babies will look like when they pop out. I have a Buff hen, a Rouen hen, a Mallard hen, and a Cayuga hen. Does anyone have those kind of mixes?

would love to see what you got. I just had a surprise baby that is, I think, Cayuga x Rouen.

549FFB1D-7B47-4F49-A153-986572B8A16E.jpeg

This guy is half Rouen, as my only female is one. The father could be:
- a Rouen
- what is either a Rouen or a rouen cross
- Swedish blue
- Cayuga

the Cayuga, Daffy, was sadly killed on Thanksgiving morning by my partner’s dog, who is usually good with our birds but went a little nutty after having a litter of puppies and feeling she had to supplement what I was feeding them. :( he was my favorite duck. Boyfriend and I were really sad... but he said maybe she heard it was a Thanksgiving tradition to eat a large bird.

I hope it’s Daffy’s baby.

he’s the only hatchling as of right now.... :-/

View attachment 1987534

This guy is half Rouen, as my only female is one. The father could be:
- a Rouen
- what is either a Rouen or a rouen cross
- Swedish blue
- Cayuga

the Cayuga, Daffy, was sadly killed on Thanksgiving morning by my partner’s dog, who is usually good with our birds but went a little nutty after having a litter of puppies and feeling she had to supplement what I was feeding them. :( he was my favorite duck. Boyfriend and I were really sad... but he said maybe she heard it was a Thanksgiving tradition to eat a large bird.

I hope it’s Daffy’s baby.

he’s the only hatchling as of right now.... :-/
That little one is adorable! Very sorry for your loss.

E9AF6461-0445-4F17-81F2-6B537383E376.jpeg

This front crested duck is suspected Cayuga/Rouen though I don’t know for sure and I don’t know who was dad/mum. She has the beetle sheen in spots over her body.

Back
Top Bottom