cayuga duck thread

Pics
Cabt
This my first go with ducks but I have noticed poultry conditioner is almost a requirement in their diet if you want to keep them healthy. Mine are 12 weeks old today and their growth rate seemed to double when I added conditioner to their diet at 1/Tsp per bird.

Great tip!! Thanks!

Hi friends I have a mixed flock of ducklings with almost every breed I could find, I just love to watch and play with my ducks. I have found however that I want to raise the Cayuga. I love the look and the breed although standoffish if not handled they can be taught to trust and be awesome pets.

I am not sure if I posted any of my Cayuga yet but I will. I do have a question that I have not been able to find the answer for and since I am a Cayuga newbie how do I tell the Drake from the hen other than its quack?

Hi friends I have a mixed flock of ducklings with almost every breed I could find, I just love to watch and play with my ducks. I have found however that I want to raise the Cayuga. I love the look and the breed although standoffish if not handled they can be taught to trust and be awesome pets.

I am not sure if I posted any of my Cayuga yet but I will. I do have a question that I have not been able to find the answer for and since I am a Cayuga newbie how do I tell the Drake from the hen other than its quack?

a male will have the curled tail feather and have a brillant green sheen to his head while females just have a black had without the sheen

Nice tufted buffs .

Those are actually roman tuffed goslings. I do have 2 that are a blk crested drake mixed with a buff hen. I will post pics a little later. Not sure what they will look like at the end.

Ok my cayuga is quiet with some green as been but no tail curl at all. At least not yet. I will get closer pics of him/her tonight

Yeah I knew they were goslings
I have geese
Hence the profile pick and name[/quote

Sry buff goose guy. I try not to assume either way. What types of ducks and geese do you own? I love my tuffed roman but I saw a hatchery sometimes gets tuffed Toulouse. I would love to add some of Those but im not sure if anyone has raised them before. The buffed roman thread on BYC is dead. Not sure thats a good or a bad sign.?

I was planning on getting many many diffrent breeds

But I decided on the rare American buff goose

Not that Rare in America but can sell for thousands in other countries .

My geese are show geese though so they are very upper class in breed standards

( I almost got an assortment of pilgrim , tufted buff goose , Chinese and tufted buff roman geese )

Back
Top Bottom