Cayuga ducks, who has them in Georgia???

Camryncollins812

Hatching
Mar 22, 2018
Just saw a picture of a Cayuga duck and I am smitten! Curious to see if anyone in the tri-state area sells them!!!
Help a girl out!
Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, South Carolina, Kentucky!

I have not been able to source any hatcheries near Georgia that sell Cayuga ducks. I ordered some Cayugas along with Welsh Harlequins from a hatchery I found online called Meyers located in Ohio thinking the ducklings would be sent by ground transport and therefore much more likely to be alive. Unfortunately they neglected to mention that they actually just get their ducks from Metzer's Farm out in California like many other hatcheries you'll find online. The flight must have been rough on them as 3 arrived DOA (2 of my Cayugas and 1 WH) and two more died a few hours after. A 50% survival rate is not very good. I was upset when I tracked the package and saw they were sent from California but assured they were packed in a special box. The only thing special about the box was air holes. There was straw but no heating pad. Surprised any of them made it all really. I am down to 1 Cayuga and 4 WHs. Hope they all survive!

Back
Top Bottom