1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cayuga Eggs due July 1rst!!! First time ever hatching so scared!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by kikidee, Jun 23, 2011.

1. kikidee

kikidee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    San Clemente
    I ordered 10 Cayuga duck eggs from Metzer Farms almost a month ago and here we are! 3 ended up being duds and one was dead by the time it got to me, so I really was only given 7. Out of the 7 in the incubator I highly suspeect 3 are dead, which is fine because 4/7 would be a pretty good hatch for a first timer!(or not?) I probably will never incubate again because I only want a duck as a pet and so it imprints on me, so this is it! I hope they all live:) They will be such cute little black ducklings.
    I can't believe there are only 8 days left.

Just a question, do I stop turning on the 26th or the 25th day? Also, at this time I turn the temp. down to 98? I have a still air styrofoam incubator (hova bator). I hope I can get them to hatch!!!
    Another question [​IMG] ..I don't know where to look for heat lamps for my brooder...Yeah kinda last minute stuff.. [​IMG]
    Thanks for any advice and whatnot,
    <3 kiki

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by