1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cayuga Still Sick

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by BlackAce, Feb 24, 2014.

1. BlackAce

BlackAce Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2013
    I had made a post about my Cayuga being sick a few weeks ago.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/853213/duck-convulsions-not-sure-whats-going-on-sick-duck

I noticed about a week and a half ago that her chest seems to be protruding. I've seen some ducks with the chest similar but this seems kinda abnormal to large. I'm not sure if this one is normal or not the other one doesn't have it.

Also an update to my previous post. My duck still is off, her balance is still not good. She's very happy eating and drinking just fine. Her waddle is way off. I had her out and she was stretching and flapping her wings and falling like she can't keep her balance. I've been switching between charcoal, antibiotics and vitamins but nothing seems to get her back to 100%. This all started back from the beginning of the month like 2/2.

Here are some pics of her chest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BlackAce

Jun 7, 2013
    No one?

3. Finny

Finny Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2014
    I am still pretty new to ducks (I got my first ones last summer) so I don't know much, but I have heard that area stores food and water. Has she been eating or drinking more than normal?

4. BlackAce

Jun 7, 2013
    Yea she's been eating and drinking just fine.

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    How is her poop looking any thing stand out like color? how much charcoal have you given her and what kind of antibiotic are you using and for how long? Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by