CCL chick sexing

mcclucker

Songster
Jul 2, 2016
VT
My Coop
My Coop
these are autosexing I believe?

Pretty sure right is pullet, left is cockerel? Due to the white spot. The rest of that chick is dark brown/dark gray which doesn’t seem male to me but no definite chipmunk stripes like the obvious pullet on the right. I incubated them - Left hatched Sunday, right hatched Monday. (So 4-5 days old) both are getting wing and tail feathers
180D0A10-9A4B-4C54-AB80-AC1ABF19A281.jpeg

Here’s a clearer side shot of the white spot chick. Legs are dark too...??

DD230CB7-6A54-4424-9F2A-1E4AF3B654DF.jpeg

these are autosexing I believe?

Pretty sure right is pullet, left is cockerel? Due to the white spot. The rest of that chick is dark brown/dark gray which doesn’t seem male to me but no definite chipmunk stripes like the obvious pullet on the right. I incubated them - Left hatched Sunday, right hatched Monday. (So 4-5 days old) both are getting wing and tail feathers View attachment 1475383

Here’s a clearer side shot of the white spot chick. Legs are dark too...??

View attachment 1475395
Sooo cute

I have one more chick I’m pretty sure is a cockerel (an easter egger, so won’t know for sure for a while) but those two have been bro-chest bumping and flapping wings at each other. Boys!! Lol.

C978586C-A3C1-4E95-8B01-CF2A270FC1EC.jpeg I am not sure. Eggs came from mypetchicken - I just wanted a mix of breeds to restart my flock. What else might be in there? Maybe more Barred Rock?

Here are the eggs they hatched from - the male hatched from the darker egg in the middle. The bottom one is the pullet. That bottom egg looks more like a CCL light blue egg color to me too.

Back
Top Bottom