Cedar Coop Design

myfavoritechicken

Songster
6 Years
Apr 16, 2017
Texas
Here is a cedar coop design from a local store Trinity Haymarket. It can also be elevated with a platform. Air flow door in rear: Good to keep open during Texas Summers and closed in Winter. Easy nest box access in back. Has a ChickenGuard installed on front for free ranging along with walk-in size door for easy access inside.

IMG_0988.jpg
IMG_0983.jpg
IMG_0982.jpg
IMG_0981.jpg
IMG_0980.jpg
IMG_0977.jpg
IMG_0978.jpg

I think that for Texas summers, even more ventilation would be good. If that's a roost bar in front of the nest boxes, then its too low - you'd have your flock roosting in the nest boxes.

I think that for Texas summers, even more ventilation would be good. If that's a roost bar in front of the nest boxes, then its too low - you'd have your flock roosting in the nest boxes.
Yes, I actually didn't get a good picture inside the coop, but it has a ladder style roost. The bar in front of the nest boxes is a jump up perch to get into the nest. But I can see the potential to use it as a roost.

Also thinking about the cedar issue. Also in the summer heat it would increase the fumes from the cedar. looks nice
Thanks for the feedback. I believe it has been kiln-dried, which removes the fumes that would emit during the hot Texas Summers.

Are you thinking of buying it? Looks expensive . The only other thing is the flooring looks like OSB, I'm not sure how that would work out for cleaning.
It is actually a new one they had built for the store and asked my feedback. I thought where else could I get the best feedback than here on BYC! :)

Back
Top Bottom