Celadon birds are total jerks? Common?

ive heard good things about sw gamebirds. I got most of my quails from KC quail farm. Supposed to be a good one too, but i havent had luck. The jumbos i got from a guy on ebay
Myshire birds are good too. I was particularly impressed with how mellow my calico fee from SW were. I have 4 males in with 7 females, and they're getting along well. I'm going to cull two when my house is finally done and I can unpack all of my stuff.

Whites and silvers have been my problem birds. Silvers are also mostly celadons. I too don't think it's a linked trait, but from the stories others tell I'm not unique in my complaints.

May take many generations of culling the meanies to make a difference.
That’s so interesting! All of my silver birds have been jerks too and the worst ones were silver celadons. They were relentless to everyone and got along with no one. Once I was rid of the silver celadons harmony was found. I have two silver non-celadons that don’t seem to mesh well and both have been pecked in the eyes and scalped whereas no other boys I have fight with each other. I decided no more silvers even though they’re SO pretty. My most docile birds have been my Pansy Fees. They’re just the sweetest and most gentle. My roo to hen ratio is not great but they all get along, no one is over bred and I haven’t had a scalped bird in almost a year. It’s a big win! 🎉

Will someone post a pic of these "celadons?"

I've glanced at an image search, but not quite sure what's what.

I've noticed my most aggressive quail seem to be of one coloration, but I'm not 100% what it's called.

If your bird carries the celadon gene, the inside of their egg shells will be a light blue. They need two copies for the outside shell to also be blue. So you can check this too! :)

Drats! I think.

I just boiled and peeled 90 eggs yesterday. The pile of eggshells had a ton of blue linings.

They were easily detected in low light, but less visible in direct sunlight, but still a blue hue.

Back
Top Bottom