Celadon Hatch. Day 17. Can't stop watching... Very Nervous...

As of this morning we have 10 hatched total (16 unhatched). We are just starting Day 19.... so hopefully we get a few more. (I'm hoping for at least 15 total). The 16 left have not pipped externally... I hope that's not a bad sign.

Colors so far
4- Tibetan
2- Tuxedo (I'm guessing Rosetta Tuxedo currently)
4 - Yellow (each one also as 1 or 2 dark spots on them). I am not positive but I'm guessing Panda. I've been told English Whites can have a few dark spots as chicks too). Trying to get some good pics of them.

Something I found interesting watching this hatch play out.... All 4 Yellow chicks hatched first, then the 2 Tuxs and then the 4 Tibetan. They weren't in random color order. Not sure if that was just coincidence or something to do with when they were laid etc...

The first 7 were moved to a brooder last night and seem to be doing good. The last 3 Tibetan chicks were hatched overnight and still in the incubator until tonight at least.

Is there anything I can do to help the last 16 along?
If it comes to it u can candle them and should be able to see whats going on inside like if its trying to pip, but only if it comes to it

If it comes to it u can candle them and should be able to see whats going on inside like if its trying to pip, but only if it comes to it
I was planning on candeling or doing a float test after day 21... does that sound right?

Is it normal for so many to not have even pipped while others have hatched this far in?

I was planning on candeling or doing a float test after day 21... does that sound right?

Is it normal for so many to not have even pipped while others have hatched this far in?
Very normal just ask @Nabiki or @Kiki Or read kiki's hatch along post all kinds of ppl talking about there currently hatching at this moment lol instead of making new hatch posts every time, lots of experience on here, but also just to ask too like u are :thumbsup

As of this morning we have 10 hatched total (16 unhatched). We are just starting Day 19.... so hopefully we get a few more. (I'm hoping for at least 15 total). The 16 left have not pipped externally... I hope that's not a bad sign.

Colors so far
4- Tibetan
2- Tuxedo (I'm guessing Rosetta Tuxedo currently)
4 - Yellow (each one also as 1 or 2 dark spots on them). I am not positive but I'm guessing Panda. I've been told English Whites can have a few dark spots as chicks too). Trying to get some good pics of them.

Something I found interesting watching this hatch play out.... All 4 Yellow chicks hatched first, then the 2 Tuxs and then the 4 Tibetan. They weren't in random color order. Not sure if that was just coincidence or something to do with when they were laid etc...

The first 7 were moved to a brooder last night and seem to be doing good. The last 3 Tibetan chicks were hatched overnight and still in the incubator until tonight at least.

Is there anything I can do to help the last 16 along?
No...you can't really help them along.
Have you been candling throughout to make sure that they are all alive?

I don't like not knowing.
If I were you I would be candling those 16 eggs right now.

Back
Top Bottom