Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
Congratulations everyone, we hit an AMAZING milestone, 10,000 (that's TEN THOUSAND) members of our community!!!

As a small token of the our appreciation to the great members of this community and all they do to make this such a fun and educational place to be, we've added a fun and useful new feature:

BYC Image Hosting

Before you get too excited please know that this isn't a replacement for big image hosting companies like Photobucket . If you're looking to host a bunch of big images then BYC Image Hosting isn't your best solution (well, not until Google decides to invest
big_smile.png
)

With that said, if you've got a handful of images and you're in a hurry to get them posted on BYC then this is the tool for you.

You can access the tool by clicking the "Uploads" link on the top of every page or via this link here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploadimg.php

A few notes:

1) We're going to give out one kilobit of image storage for every member of the forum (so everyone gets 10,000 kilobits of image storage). This should be enough for at least 20 pictures (or more if they are small).

2) We have a LOT of members of the forum on dialup so we're going to automatically resize the big images to make them easy for everyone to download and see.

3) By default the code you are given after you upload an image will make a thumbnail that people can click on to view a larger picture. If you want to simply post the whole image itself you can get the code from your gallery

4) Please be careful when you delete images, especially if you've linked to them from the forum. If you delete an image it will show up as the dreaded red "x" or "image missing" in the forum... and nobody likes those!

The not-so-fine print: Uploading your images to BYC gives us the right to use your images throughout the site. We make no guarantees as to image access / availability or how long we will keep your images on our server. Images may be deleted by us as needed. Images should only be placed on the BYC website including the forum and not on other websites.

We really hope you enjoy using this tool and expect that it will be especially useful for new members in a hurry to post pictures.

Congratulations and enjoy!!

Quote:
Great question! Basically everything you see is "sponsored" by our sponsors.
big_smile.png
Their support of BYC make it possible for us to always add new features like this. So, please take a second, visit our sponsors sites (you'll see their ads at the top of the page or here ) and shoot them a quick note that you are glad they support BYC!

congrats, Rob, on the 10,000 membership. I wanted to add that I already emailed a thank you to each and every sponsor listed. Now let me find that image download...LOL I forgot to say a very big thank you to you for adding the new feature.
Carrie
Folks at mypetchicken said to tell you hello.

Last edited:
That's great!!! We are 10,000 strong. Can you imagine if we all got together in one spot and brought all our chickens....................thats alot of chicks.
lau.gif

Thanks but no thanks

~The not-so-fine print: Uploading your images to BYC gives us the right to use your images throughout the site. We make no guarantees as to image access / availability or how long we will keep your images on our server. Images may be deleted by us as needed. Images should only be placed on the BYC website including the forum and not on other websites.

I try to sale my photos on art sites so that is where they will stay with links to them from there so you may look at them from there and maybe even buy them. LOL I've only sold a very small amount so far but I am not gonna give my images for free use so this image hosting will not be for me.

Back
Top Bottom