cell phone etiquette

Godsgrl

Ostrich wrangler
12 Years
Aug 27, 2007
at the zoo usually
We all know it is rude to talk on your cell phone while trying to conduct a transaction at a store. Now turn the situation around, what if the sales person is on the phone, on an obviously personal call? Today I stopped to fuel up my truck. First I had to wait forever for a spot to open up, then had a problem with the pump. I went in to tell the cashier, and she was on the phone.
he.gif

I went back out and fueled up, then came back in, and still she is on the phone. I think it was so rude of her. In the future, if the cashier/sales person is on the phone, I think I shall go to another store.
smack.gif

Put on your big girl panties and tell her to get off the phone, times a wastin!!!!! People that do that irritate the snot outta me.

1) Do not answer your phone when you are at lunch with a friend
2) Do not talk on your phone with in line at Subway holding up everyones orders
3) If your cell phone rings at work, step outside for 5 minutes, but for cryin out loud cut it short.
4) Do not talk so loudly on your phone the entire store can hear every last word about last nights drunken adventure.

I have to say I love texting. I can say what I need to say and move on. Done and over.

There used to be a shop nearby that had a nice selection of unique and lovely items imported from Portugal. Every time I went in there the person behind the counter was yakking on the cel phone and I could never get waited on. I finally gave up trying to shop there and I guess other people did too because the shop closed its doors.

Quote:
Me too, and my phone doesn't have the keyboard, I have to hit the keys three or four times to get tothe letter I need, but I can do that faster than I can talk. I am due for an upgrade but DH got a phone (I picked it out on the phone with HIM and he said that sounds GREAT!!! Now we find out it has NO camera phone so he can't get pic texts which is driving him batty. Why none of us in the family is sure, because he never sends any!!), so going to let him have this one, and I will just wait.

Quote:
Me too, and my phone doesn't have the keyboard, I have to hit the keys three or four times to get tothe letter I need, but I can do that faster than I can talk. I am due for an upgrade but DH got a phone (I picked it out on the phone with HIM and he said that sounds GREAT!!! Now we find out it has NO camera phone so he can't get pic texts which is driving him batty. Why none of us in the family is sure, because he never sends any!!), so going to let him have this one, and I will just wait.

I'm the other way around, I have the keyboard, but no texting on my account. I might change that though, cause like you said, texting is convenient, and quiet.

Quote:
that is too bad. You know, some stores have signs up that say, "We have the right to refuse service if you are talking on your cell phone." We need to wear shirts that say, "I have the right to shop elsewhere if you are on your phone."

i use straight talk.. (lol.. no plugging) but there great...1000 mins and 100 text plus 30 mb's?? of internet time.....it's great!! except when my 16 year old takes our cell phone all the time......i do not allow her to have one of her own because she can not pay for it her self.......so she steels ours.....when i do have it, it is turned off in meetings, school functions, if i do get a call i pull over......i barley do any texting.

We were in Japan several years ago, and NO ONE talks on their phone in public, it's considered the height of rudeness. Everyone texts. I worked as a merchandise manager in a retail store for several years, and it was extremely irritating to have to listen to sometimes what should have been VERY private conversations people were having on their phones. It's like they think there is this bubble around them that no one else can penetrate. SHUT UP and type it if you have to or at least step outside!

Also, I fired 2 people for talking on their phones in the store while they were supposed to be working. We had a no-cell-phones on the sales floor policy. The only time employees were allowed to carry their phones was if they had a sick child at home and then it had to be on vibrate and they would have to go to the break room to talk.

Back
Top Bottom