Cookie is just dying of old age?

Thank you @ruthhope your words mean so much to me. :hugs
oh no so sad only 3 weeks ago I’m so sorry I’ve been so in my own head about all the stuff going on with my birds I didn’t even notice you said it was so recent Sending more hugs your way from my side ❤️ It’s so hard when they die. and sometimes I don’t even want to get any new ones because I know they will die someday . but then you know it’s so hard to resist 🐥

8yo welsh harley hen 'cookie'
over the past couple months she just acts tired. she likes to sit and drink puddles (it rained a lot lately)
so...Ive been giving her poultry cell and B complex (and sometimes Cal Gluc too on and off ). she was walking like she had an egg she wanted to lay and then I found a softshell egg. she was also sitting off by herself a lot (and her tail pumping a little)...
But also my 6 yo pekin hen 'chubbs' was also laying softshell egg here and there in the yard (so I gave her cal gluc and also I gave her poultry cell (and B complex which I give her a couple times a week to help her waddling)
when Cookie was about 4 months old, she and her sister had infected joints in their feet and the vet gave antibiotics which cleared it up but vet also mentioned it could affect her quality life in future (I think he meant not live as long?)
she does not limp. she eats and drinks. but then she hides and rests most of the time when everyone else is running around doing stuff all day.
I dont know if there's anything else I can or should do for her?
don’t worry i hope things get better sending you positive vibes

Back
Top Bottom