Cell Phone Ettiquette (or lack thereof)...

I went to my favorite restaurant about a year ago, and the waiter was taking calls and excusing himself to 2ft away the entire evening... even when he took our order! He didn't even explain or apologize.

I was in the waiting room at the docs a week or so again and was treated to a woman talking on her phone to a family member about another family member....her meth addiction, the children she has had with upteen different men, her upcoming court appearances, drug charges, fostercare for the children etc etc.

No matter how many dirty looks I and everyone else in the room gave her, she was oblivious. She also managed to miss the BIG sign on the wall that said 'Please avoid call phone use in the waiting room'

egads!

I agree with all the comments you have made about cell phone abuses. I agree the conversation can usually wait until you're out of the store/bathroom/car/etc. There is always, "I'll call you back."

But then, my dh deployed. He only calls me once a week. He was a truck driver before that, and I could call him all the time, which I did. He'd call me, we talked all the time. Now I can only talk to him for a few minutes once a week. So when he calls, I'm answering, and I don't care where I am. I've answered in restaurants, bathroom stalls, (once, and it was really awkward), when I'm volunteering at the zoo, stores, in meetings, etc. I haven't heard my dh's voice for a week, and I miss him terribly. So sometimes, there is more to it than just "what kind of tomato sauce should I get."

the most annoying... the movies
check out... doctors office(when your sick and you want quiet and the cells keep ringing or the got the gift to gab)

when you go to visit someone and the whole time they stay on there cell phone because people keep calling(i have a cousin that does this to everyone)

My sister in law never and I mean never puts her black berry down. She is texting during christmas dinner for goodness sake. She is always on that stupid thing

Only two things irritate me when it comes to cell phone usage.

1. Having a phone on you does not mean you must answer it if it rings. If we are in the middle of a conversation and you stop to take an ordinary call, that's rude!

2. For the love of everything, when I'm a passenger in a car I don't want to glance over and see the driver TEXTING! It's one thing to talk on a phone, but seriously, your eyes are off the road so you can make sure you're spelling properly!?! Ohmygawdi'mgoingtodie . . .

Other than that, I'm fine and dandy.
smile.png

Gotta say the bathroom is the most
sickbyc.gif
. Most cases there is no reason the call can't wait (there is such a thing a voice mail), or if in a restaurant, waiting room or such people can take the call, but walk outside. I agree that there are cases of emergency or such cases as in Godsgrl's that I'd excuse such behavior. I hate when people are specifically asked to turn off or put their phones on vibrate, and they not only ignore the request, but answer the phone and talk!
smack.gif
My DH has been standing in line at a checkout when his phone ran and he did not answer. The cashier asked " Aren't you going to get that" and he replied "It can wait. It's rude to talk when checking out." The cashier was like
ep.gif
and said "thank you".

The stupidest place would be as you're driving down the road... morons.

Of course, when someone is jabbering on the phone instead of finishing their business at the grocery, restaurant, etc. thus holding up the line, that irritates.

Although, thanks to those bluetooth jobbers B doesn't look near so strange when he goes around talking to himself... "Mmm... uh huh.... okay... 5 o'clock *checks watch* yeah I can do 5... okay... bye" is a good example... of course, he doesn't HAVE a handsfree, and isn't even on the phone, he does it just to be a goof and see how long it takes someone to notice... not near so fun now because tons of people walk around doing it.

Suppose I should be thankful that his shoe is too stinky to risk pulling a Maxwell Smart...

Back
Top Bottom