Cell Phone Ettiquette (or lack thereof)...

Patients in the recovery room after surgery... this guy did it in spanish the other day as soon as he got his clothes back... LOUD. Other folks were still groggy &
sickbyc.gif
, & looked a bit confused.
rant.gif
He hung up as I got to him to ask him to shhh.

Once on an airporter bus DH told a guy who was bragging about his business successes that if he didn't shut up he was going to put his phone down his throat for him. The whole bus cheered. (DH is not a violent guy)
lol.png

The grocery store. I hate it. People don't get out of your way, because they don't even know you're there. They're engrossed in a phone conversation. Then you're standing in line, thinking the person behind you said something to you. Nope, cell phone. They don't even stop when they are checking out lol. The cashier tells them the amount, they say "huh"?

I also wonder how people made decisions on what to buy at the store before cell phones.

The bathroom one really bugs me too. Do you invite your friends to go with you when you are at home too? I was in Las Vegas with some girlfriends, saw the cellphone lady in the loo, came out and told my friends that there was nothing so important to tell me that it couldn't wait until they were done in the restroom. EEEWWW!!!!!

All mentioned are rude, and folks should learn that etiquette applies to everything, even NEW things.

For me, the public restroom is the most bizarre. There is just something totally disconcerting about sitting in one stall and hearing someone talk on their cellphone in the next. Ever notice that folks always talk louder when on their cells? I am rarely ever disturbed by the conversations of the people in the booths or tables around me at a restaurant, but if they get on their cell phones, I have no difficulty hearing every word of their conversation.

When I was a cashier the absolute WORST was when people would talk on their phones while I was trying to check them out. Couldn't ask them anything, couldn't tell them anything, couldn't talk to them like we were supposed to....

I hate it when you meet someone for a meal and they take their phone out and lay it on the table. EEEEEEEWWWWWW you are sooooooo important. ( and I am soooo mature) roll lol

Well I do this because I have a big ole Blackberry and keep it in my back pocket. I take it out every time I sit down, coz it's just well, uncomfortable to sit on!!!!!
I don't carry a purse, so the table is about the only place to put it
hu.gif
Sorry if it offends you.​

I don't care unless it's at a restaurant or a movie theater. OR when people do it in front of their friends, SO RUDE.

But waiting in line or anywhere else, who cares. As long as they are not LOUD and obnoxious.

Back
Top Bottom