Cement water hole?

It'd be far far cheaper to get a large rubber stock tank at the local co-op.

Like this..

st15_hi.jpg

I picked up a 40 gallon oval poly tank [no drain] at Orschelns for $28.

Brand was "Tuff Stuff Products"
http://tufftubs.com/

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Am adding a amall child's play pool to my chook pen. Will set it in a shallow leveled hole that has sand in bottom and is level. Easy to clean. Chooks will stand in the water in hot weather and it helps them by cooling their feet. Keep small containers around that are filled daily too. All part of routine when egg-gathering.

Quote:
and punctures from talons.

Besides, for a 45 gallon pond (3' round and 1' deep) you would need 9'x9' of liner, which comes out to around $38, not including shipping for HEAVY liner, even if it's not alot.

Last edited:
Quote:

Besides, for a 45 gallon pond (3' round and 1' deep) you would need 9'x9' of liner, which comes out to around $38, not including shipping for HEAVY liner, even if it's not alot.

Sorry those types of punctures with the new materials nowadays is almost impossible. Ask the people that own fish that they have paid tens of thousands of dollars for.
frow.gif

Quote:

Sorry those types of punctures with the new materials nowadays is almost impossible. Ask the people that own fish that they have paid tens of thousands of dollars for.
frow.gif

Key word there is almost... But I digress.

Quote:
just because I live next to a concrete guy... Cement is an ingredient in concrete. It's like the flour in a cake
smile.png

I want to see how it turns out when it's done. Sounds neat.

**Just realized someone already posted this. What makes me laugh is that it seems all concrete people liken cement to flour and concrete to cake
tongue.png

Last edited:
I think you should do what I did.
smile.png

Me and my grandma made concrete water catchers out of giant rubarb leaves.
They are pretty and spray out with a hose.

Back
Top Bottom