Central florida new member

TheBushidoWay

In the Brooder
Jun 15, 2017
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster.
I have a hovabator temperture issue, but I think its really a non issue so Ill get to that in a little bit.

Ive farmed most of my life but mostly horses. cows here and there, alpacas, some goats. but almost always horses.
My mother in law gave my kids 2 chicks, one wound up bein a hen, the other a rooster. now I have chickens everywhere. I really need to cull my flock. I also aquired a few silkys and a couple bourbon red turkeys.

I have a hovabator 1602n with forced air. I never used an incubator before.Im incubating turkey eggs. I wasnt prepared for the swings in temperature. I figured I'd set it at 99.5 and be done with it for 25 days. but it kicks on the temp drifts up, back down and repeats. normal right? I just need to keep it between 99.5 and 100.8 and I should be good until lock down right? Also, with that temp range, during the day it seems to kick on at a lower temp, 99.5, at night it kicks on higher like 99.7. I think Im more comfortable with it kicking on at 99.7 during the day and 99.9 at night, just to make sure it doesnt dip below 99.5

welp, thats all for now. thanks for having me

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I'm afraid I don't have the hovabator so can't offer advice on its ways but I'm sure if you post in the incubating section link that CT left for you members will be able to help you.

Good luck and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

Good luck with your hatch! Definitely stop by our Incubation forums for more help if you need it. CTKen has left you with the link. Forced air is the way to go!

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our roost! :)

Back
Top Bottom