Central Florida

littleluciex

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 25, 2011
Wauchula
Hi I'm Lucy and 2 weeks into being a chicken owner. I have been working on building a coop for about 3 months now, so happy I finally have some chickens. Unfortunately I didn't find your site until after I purchased chickens at a local chicken auction. Knowing I didn't want babies, I brought what I thought where hens, but Im starting to think that I may have at least one Roo if not two. IDK still trying to figure that out. Anyhow I have now idea what kind of chickens I brought, how old they are, or anything and that was my first 8 chickens. Last sat I did purchase 6 rhode island reds, which i was told where hens, but they look really bad with bald spots, I don't know if its molting or they where getting pecked at. The place I purchase them from had a lot of chickens in one coop, and the run was very muddy, so im hoping with lots love and attention they will soon get better. It hasn't effected their laying, on sunday I did get my first 4 eggs which Im thinking are from the RIRs since I had no eggs before they arrived. I havn't seen any of my prior chickens even checking out the nesting boxes. We have had 13 eggs in 4 days, and Im very happy with that, but wondering with 14 chickens what I should be averaging. Then it will help me determine if all my chickens are healthy laying girls
wink.png

Any how I love this site, so many great questions and answers, and some really pretty chickens!! I hope to get mine looking healthy and picture worthy soon.

Back
Top Bottom