Central Hatchery ???????????????

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by CoopCrazy, Jul 3, 2010.

1. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Anyone use central hatchery for their Cornish X ??? I am loving their prices but an also concerned that they are soooo cheap... Any feedback will be greatly appriciated...

2. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Don't tell me you're getting more!?!?!?!? Our Freedom Rangers are at 5 weeks and HUGGGEEE! Price is steep-$60.00 for 25 including shipping from JM Hatchery but they did a great job.
    Oh and by the way, we found a freezer and the turkeys are headed to freezer camp Monday [​IMG]
    Oh, Hannah loves her birds and I thought they were very pretty.

3. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Quote:YAy .. i am so glad everyone is doign well.. Yeah my mother found a book the other day on what really goes into your chicken from the store, so she is really on the bandwagon .. Plus I am really hoping to sell to the grocery store that contacted me ...

Hey you all wouldnt want a few extra to process would you??? [​IMG] I desperatly need to do my BBB as well they are HUGE... and have become major pigs... My feed bill will be dropping drastically... Thank Goodness.... I am guessing im just gonna have to them in myself.. Man they are gonna be tough to hang... [​IMG]

4. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Hey did you ever get any info on this place?

5. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Quote:Nope still waiting .. Their must be something wrong with them since this is like my third time trying to get info them to no avail....

6. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
  7. jaj121159

jaj121159 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2010
    Northeast Nebraska
    They are literally about 5 1/2 miles east of me. They are a commercial hatchery. I am going to buy my next set of Cornish X's from them. Can't beat the price of shipping when a guy drives past them just about everyday on my way to work. He ships and/or delivers birds all over the country. A good friend of mine is related and drives a couple of loads to Montana every year. Excellent local reputation. A lot of his chickens live in large hog barns next to the hatchery.

The owner of the hatchery is quite a guy. He has a large (for Nebraska anyway) private lake that is designed to support waterfowl. He does not let anyone hunt there and it is packed in the spring and fall with ducks and geese stopping over on their migrations. He also has an additional 320 acres that the hatchery is on. He provides habitat on that 320 for pheasants, turkeys, etc. 100's of wild pheasants live there and in the grassland around the lake.

8. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    That is pretty cheap I ordered 11 from Meyers, at 1.71 a chick. I really only want to try them to see if I want to do more. I also did the pricey thing and order 25 from JM hatchery and plan on keeping 3 hens and a rooster to try to keep getting more chicks with out spending so much money. I've never done meaties, just alot of dual purpose roosters. I've been culling about 2 a day. (I got caught up in the hatching addiction until I looked out and said "OH MY we have alot of roosters.) Did your JM order come with extras?

9. SIMZ

SIMZ Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    We just received our second batch of broilers from Central Hatchery. These are just as big and healthy as our last batch. The post office delivered them a day late and the hatchery even called to make sure they had arrived. Both times all 100 chicks have arrived in great shape. We highly recommend them for price and quality of birds!

10. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

I ordered 50 from them and will get them next week. With shipping, the 50 CX cost me $60!!! (That's $1.20 per chick) Unheard of nowadays and there is another guy on here...let me find the thread...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/632814/meattie-order-from-central-hatchery-great-price

He has a pic of his 100 CX he ordered...he received them a day early and they sent 104, they all were alive and kickin' and look great! You might send him a PM and ask about his chicks and how they are doing now.

I will tell you that I had a hard time getting through on the phone line as it is busy, busy, busy!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by