Ceramic chickens and other animals, pots, etc

I put part of my garden pagoda in the kiln on Thursday! Can hardly wait to see it. Hope it didn't blow up, the clay was quite thick to support the other pieces.
Photo below is the piece I put in the kiln.
20240204_014001.jpg

This is such a cool design! Do your creations just pop out of your head, or do you get inspiration somewhere? Do you ever see designs or concepts in dreams? I'm just wondering about your creative process. Do you have a complete vision of the work in mind when you begin, or do the designs grow as you work?

This is such a cool design! Do your creations just pop out of your head, or do you get inspiration somewhere? Do you ever see designs or concepts in dreams? I'm just wondering about your creative process. Do you have a complete vision of the work in mind when you begin, or do the designs grow as you work?
Thank you, sometimes I get inspirations, sometimes I might see a photo, at times, things just occur to me as I build. Often things may turn out bigger than I planned! Also, I have had ideas during dreams. But I need to catch the dream thought before I do anything because I am easily distracted, lol.

Thank you, sometimes I get inspirations, sometimes I might see a photo, at times, things just occur to me as I build. Often things may turn out bigger than I planned! Also, I have had ideas during dreams. But I need to catch the dream thought before I do anything because I am easily distracted, lol.
Fascinating! Do you keep a notebook beside your bed? Sketchbook, perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom