1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Certified Medical coding....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by porkchop48, Dec 5, 2011.

1. porkchop48

porkchop48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Malta, OH
    I work as a biller and have for the last 15 years.

I have been doing coding for that long as well. A few classes here and there but mostly self taught through experience.

I want to become certified just in case it ever comes up that I need to be at my job. Can it be done online? Has any one done it online? Any suggestions?

2. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    Check with your state's regulatory board?

3. LittleChickenLady

LittleChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Clanton, Alabama
    Ivy Tech has a coding class that can be taken online. You might want to go to their website and look into their certification programs. I'm actually taking it next semester since I'll be here in Alabama instead of Indiana (where most campuses are). It's not too late to sign up for next semester classes. [​IMG]

ETA:

I found a link that could be helpful. Doesn't look like (from this) that you can just get a certificate though. [​IMG]
    http://www.ivytech.edu/health-information-tech/index.html

Hope
    it helps.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  4. susannehicks

susannehicks New Egg

Jan 30, 2012
    If you are looking to get certified, I’d suggest going through a quick medical coding training program just to polish and upgrade your skills. You have been in the profession for a long time and things have changed a lot with the advent of the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system and other technological developments. A training program may bring you abreast with the changes that have taken place in the industry and make you better prepared for the certifying examination. Think about it, you may just enjoy taking classes and have fun learning again!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by