Chain link chicken run/coop? Dog pen into chicken run/coop?

Apr 17, 2019
Florida ⭐️
Hey y’all! I have two chain link dog kennels that I have used in the past for chicken coops but just stopped using because I built a solid wooden structure (2 years ago). Now I am wanting to purchase some chicks and raise to be future layers since my girls are getting older. So, I was wondering have any of you have made a “custom” coop out of a chain link dog kennel before? I need some inspo to make it cute and not just a chain link pen with chickens in it. Lol. Thanks y’all

are you asking about chicken run (as a daytime, good weather, almost secure chicken enclosure) or a coop (night time, weather proof, 100% secure chicken sleeping and laying quarters)? Because chain link panels are the least suitable for the latter.

are you asking about chicken run (as a daytime, good weather, almost secure chicken enclosure) or a coop (night time, weather proof, 100% secure chicken sleeping and laying quarters)? Because chain link panels are the least suitable for the latter.
Both sort of. Mine free range now so the others will do the same. Just if I go on vacation they can have plenty of room in the pen.

Both. However, most likely I would build my own coop and just place it in the chain link “run“. I was just looking to see what everyone had just wanted to cover both topics. 😊

You could make it like my new coop -- essentially a big, wire box with a weather shelter at the windward end.

Open Air coops are an excellent concept for hot climates where generous ventilation is critical.

Back
Top Bottom