Challenges facing the peafowl world.

Oh it gets better said person has been selling montana lines that are popping out progressive white left and right. Had a hen go on me and was contacted by a few others this week about their own montanas from the same breeder going progressive white.
I haven't seen any white in my Montanas but I do have a customer that bought a pair of split to Montanas tell me one of their chicks carries White. No biggie at this point but something to keep in contact with for updates. Seeing how it was outcrossed it is probably not related to the Progressive White gene.

I haven't seen any white in my Montanas but I do have a customer that bought a pair of split to Montanas tell me one of their chicks carries White. No biggie at this point but something to keep in contact with for updates. Seeing how it was outcrossed it is probably not related to the Progressive White gene.
late reply but I would agree that if the chicks are popping out white it's probably not PW. I haven't seen one yet that started turning before it was fully feathered. Earlier this year I went to a breeders' place who had a couple pens of hodge podge patterned cameos. Several of the hens at less than 2 years old were already full PW and mostly blind. That breeder culled the entire pen and donated the dressed birds to a homeless shelter/soup kitchen. Wish more people were that thorough in trying to stamp this out.

Back
Top Bottom