"champagne " colored tuxedo patterned Coturnix ?

here's an old post ,someone named quailgal has this one on photobucket...they call it a" cream " my girls are lighter than this one and splotched with bright white
PICT0060.jpg
but this goes to show that mine aren't the only solids out there...

Quote:
But this is a true mutation, the creams...that's distinct difference...yours look like my Texas A and Ms.............................

68119_ch2coturnix.jpg

I'm not trying one-up anyone. This is a very blurry pic of a (WHITE) coturnix exposes to a high red clay content dust bath.

Quote:
i see what has you thinking clay bath colored bird.... lol... but mine haven't had access to any clay so..
hu.gif

Well...you did say pine straw, which isn't really clean, and does contain tannin, which can stain.

I'm not trying to beat you up, and really do appreciate your good nature quest for knowledge, but it is my humble opinion that your bird in question, is just a white coturnix; color stained by bedding/litter/pine straw/dust bath/etc..
I really wish it was a genetic mutation.....Almost as much as I wish the back-channel discussion on this matter would grow a set and tell Virginia that there is no Santa.....I digress!

Quote:
Now that would be a pretty bird if real
smile.png

Thanks!
The bird is real, but the color comes from the sand that I provide daily to her. She is the dustpan queen in that particular pen. The dirtiest Coturnix bird in any pen is highest in the pecking order
big_smile.png

not "pine STRAW" Joe,, pine SHAVINGS...
smile.png

time will tell . if she's" just" a white bird i'm cool with that she's still a really calm,sweet natured pet no matter what color she is. However i'm still leaning towards her being the champayne color. i'll find out over time for sure...

Quote:
Pine straw/pine shavings....I admit I can get confused from time to time
smile.png

The exact color doesn't matter much to me either, but I agree that coturnix are pretty calm,sweet natured birds!
I only raise coturnix...noting else. I also have to disclose the fact that I raise them as a duel use bird. Eggs and meat. That not withstanding...They are charming birds! I think I devote well over 1/5th my pen space to birds that are to cute/endearing to send to the chopping block.

Back
Top Bottom