changing broomfield city code.

I'm hoping you guys can get this done. It might help the Westminster people out having Broomfield on the books....
Good luck.

PS.
Hi Shanelle...

The Council meeting scheduled for December 11th to discuss backyard chickens has been moved to January 8th, 2013.

BROOMFIELD!!! CALLING BROOMFIELD CHICKEN LOVERS AND BACK YARD FARMERS...2013

Broomfield residents!!

The Broomfield City Council will be discussing a proposed new chicken ordinance at their meeting on Tuesday, January 8th.

If you live in Broomfield and want chickens (or even if you don't and you just want to lend support) please attend the meeting if you can.

You can contact Jim Admire at [email protected] for additional information.

Peyso,

Hopefully you can attend the meeting. Its at 6 pm at One DesCombes Drive - the City and County Building. Please send an email to the Council before Tuesday night to [email protected] showing your support. The more people the Council knows there are out there who support this, the more likely we are to get this passed.

Jim

BROOMFIELD!!! CALLING BROOMFIELD CHICKEN LOVERS AND BACK YARD FARMERS...2013

Broomfield residents - We need your help!!

The Broomfield City Council will be discussing a proposed new chicken ordinance at their meeting on Tuesday, February 26th and the opposition will be out in force.

If you live in Broomfield and want chickens (or even if you don't and you just want to lend support) please attend the meeting. If you cannot attend, please send an email of support to the Council at [email protected] .

It looks like the Broomfield City Council meeting starts at 6:00pm on the 26th. Our family will be there to lend support.

Last edited:
Hi Hen Lovers of Broomfield ~
I Was wondering if you have heard any news to a vote on raising chickens in broomfield city limits yet? I heard it was a 6-3 vote back in Jan but the final vote was to be Feb 26 per the Broomfield news...any news? I happen to live in Aurora, and am trying to get some information together to change our laws on raising chickens as well. I have spoken to several others on here and gotten some good info from them and we even have our own thread for our city...I was just curious how your city is fending? Maybe if your city starts to allow a certain # of hens ...I can add this to our city letter as if to say Aurora is falling behind ;). Good luck Broomfield!

Veronica

Popular Suburbs that allow Hens in Backyard residences in Colorado: Boulder, Lafayette, Longmont, highlands Ranch, Castle Rock, Parker and Denver to name a few!

Sadly, our city council did not change the law to allow chickens. They did, however, decide to put the issue on the November ballot. I'm not really sure how it will do once in the hands of the voters.

I wish you luck in passing a new law in Aurora. Maybe your success will inspire ours. :)

thats a bummer, why not til Nov? it seems these city council members just keep pushing it off yr after yr! sorry and hoping the beat for all colorado

November is the next City/County election. It will give us time to educate the community towards a favorable vote.

Back
Top Bottom