Changing crow of serama rooster

nchls school

Crowing
8 Years
Apr 22, 2015
Tennessee
Little by little the crow of my rooster is getting shorter; a partial crow. Seems quieter too. I have looked him over carefully and see nothing amiss. No symptoms of anything other than the shortened crow.

His behavior is unchanged. At this rate he will be mute.
Any ideas?

None but a mute roo is a godsend surely? If he goes totally mute I'd breed from him with the objective of trying to get his mute genes into his offspring
1f604.png
Great pic btw.

Ct

The no crow collars work by putting pressure on air sacks on the side of their necks. Because they can't fill them properly they can't crow as loud. I would feel the sides of his neck to check for any sort of lump that could be growing and preventing the filling of those air sacks.

None but a mute roo is a godsend surely? If he goes totally mute I'd breed from him with the objective of trying to get his mute genes into his offspring
1f604.png
Great pic btw.

Ct

The crow does seem to be getting shorter slowly. I am using him for breeding so we'll see. Thank you for responding.

The no crow collars work by putting pressure on air sacks on the side of their necks. Because they can't fill them properly they can't crow as loud. I would feel the sides of his neck to check for any sort of lump that could be growing and preventing the filling of those air sacks.

Thank you for responding. I checked his neck right away. Nothing unusual.

Back
Top Bottom