Changing Ordinance for BYC's in Evergreen Park, IL

lindseylrinaldi

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 10, 2014
I have two hens in a city area with an ordinance against owning them. I received a citation and informed I must relocate them.

Some neighboring cities are allowing egg-laying hens, so I plan to investigate whom or what changed the ordinances there and fight for a change in Evergreen Park.

If anyone has links or advise on how I can nail this I would appreciate it.

I plan to start a petition including my direct neighbors and community members in favor of having BYC. I plan to approach the village council in-person and in-writing regarding the matter.

I plan to read all the documents on this site and seek advise from those that were victorious in their efforts.

Thanks!
Linds

Hi there! I currently live in Evergreen Park and have recently contacted the council about changing the ordinance. They're being passive aggressive. Do you still live in the area? If so I'd love if we could work together toward changing the ordinance. Two voices are louder than one!

Hi there! I currently live in Evergreen Park and have recently contacted the council about changing the ordinance. They're being passive aggressive. Do you still live in the area? If so I'd love if we could work together toward changing the ordinance. Two voices are louder than one!
Hi it is now 2021 whatever happened to the backyard chicken ordinance in Evergreen Park? I would love to try to have chickens especially now what has been going on with food prices

Back
Top Bottom