1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Changing Ordinance for BYC's in Evergreen Park, IL

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by lindseylrinaldi, Oct 11, 2014.

1. lindseylrinaldi

lindseylrinaldi New Egg

Oct 10, 2014
    I have two hens in a city area with an ordinance against owning them. I received a citation and informed I must relocate them.

Some neighboring cities are allowing egg-laying hens, so I plan to investigate whom or what changed the ordinances there and fight for a change in Evergreen Park.

If anyone has links or advise on how I can nail this I would appreciate it.

I plan to start a petition including my direct neighbors and community members in favor of having BYC. I plan to approach the village council in-person and in-writing regarding the matter.

I plan to read all the documents on this site and seek advise from those that were victorious in their efforts.

Thanks!
    Linds

2. chickenlover432

chickenlover432 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2014
    Proud Aussie
    Welcome to BYC!! I have no idea, sorry. Hope you get some help:)

(-:Chickenlover:)

3. MeepBeep

MeepBeep Chillin' With My Peeps

May I suggest you Google up

"Citizens for the Legalization of Urban Chickens Illinois"

Here is a let me Google that for you link just for convenience in this case... http://bit.ly/ZUerdI

It should put in you contact with a several local Facebook advocates that have been active in getting the laws changes in and around the area...

4. ChiTownJavas

ChiTownJavas Just Hatched

Feb 15, 2017
    Evergreen Park, IL
    Hi there! I currently live in Evergreen Park and have recently contacted the council about changing the ordinance. They're being passive aggressive. Do you still live in the area? If so I'd love if we could work together toward changing the ordinance. Two voices are louder than one!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by