Changing Quail feed for egg layers?

Can anyone recommend a brand and supplier for a layer feed for quail? I typically get feed at my local North40, but they only have a gamebird starter and grower/finisher. I have my other birds on Purina Flock Raiser. Anybody use an all-flock feed for laying quail?

Can anyone recommend a brand and supplier for a layer feed for quail? I typically get feed at my local North40, but they only have a gamebird starter and grower/finisher. I have my other birds on Purina Flock Raiser. Anybody use an all-flock feed for laying quail?
Game bird starter is perfect for them until they're about six or seven weeks old then you can switch them to a chicken layer crumble.

Ive raise bobwhites.I feed 30% game bird starter crumble from tractor supply.I do feed some snowflakes and speckals that i have outside in an aviary all flock. I get eggs off april hatched birds by end of september early october every year.so yes they may start laying this year.They will slow down eating for a number of reasons,just watch them they will pick back up. GG arent that much bigger than normal.I have kept some in with regular bobs and couldnt really tell much of a difference.I mean lets be real its a few ounces.

Hudson feeds gamebird pellets are terrific for adults. It has high enough calcium, and plenty of protein. You can order it from chewy and it’s about $30 for 50 lbs.

Back
Top Bottom