Changing the local laws, in Pleasant Prairie, WI

I would have more things to add as a future chicken keeper, but local laws need to change based on where I live to have the right to own chickens. Looking for suggestions to overturn such discriminatory laws set by the village board. Any help would be great at least in my neighborhood.
Welcome to BYC!!

Welcome to the coop! I use the Forums and Articles tabs at the top of the page to do research. You can get lost for hours. It's nice to know you are minutes away from getting help with questions and emergencies!
Try 4-H students and groups to present the argument to city council. I read an article where a girl scout got the ordinance overturned in favor of chickens.

I would have more things to add as a future chicken keeper, but local laws need to change based on where I live to have the right to own chickens. Looking for suggestions to overturn such discriminatory laws set by the village board. Any help would be great at least in my neighborhood.
Any updates to the changes for your location? I have been doing a little reading of the village ordinances. Your location only allows if you have 1 acre of land or more, which silly. So if you have .9 acre of land its a NO.
I currently live in county in Illinois, but we are thinking of moving to your village if we find property under 1 acre, I will have a hard time letting go of my pet chickens to move there.

I thought I read that Kenosha does allow for chickens but the
$200.00 annual fee to have them is outrageous.

Back
Top Bottom