Changing to Sweet PDZ

Ha!!
That's the first thing I thought of when I saw your new tool.
Maybe a toothed attachment?

Or washers stacked with spacers... gotta get the BP knee mill back up and running tomorrow so I can do come V Carving. My stepdown transformer died the other day but I can wire the power supplies for 240v to get it back on line so work work work...

JT

@aart no, just the poop board. I have shavings on the floor, sorry thought it said that.

This kids/bush rake would work for @jthornton on his floor though.

The whole floor of my coop is covered with 1/2" of PDZ as the only thing in my "coop" is some roost bars. The rest of my "coop" things are in the run.

JT

It sounds like the PDZ on the floor is working really well. I was planning to go with sand in my 8x8 coop when I cover the floor for the first time. I'm now wondering if I shouldn't just go with PDZ. I have a TSC that's less than 10 miles away, so picking it up will be easy. Are there situations where sand would still be preferable? I haven't had a coop yet, so I'm not tied to any one choice. My runs will be covered, and I was planning to use the medium/large wood chips for those.

It sounds like the PDZ on the floor is working really well. I was planning to go with sand in my 8x8 coop when I cover the floor for the first time. I'm now wondering if I shouldn't just go with PDZ. I have a TSC that's less than 10 miles away, so picking it up will be easy. Are there situations where sand would still be preferable? I haven't had a coop yet, so I'm not tied to any one choice. My runs will be covered, and I was planning to use the medium/large wood chips for those.
Since you're going with poop boards:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/feedback-for-8x8-coop-inside-layout.1224022/
You might consider shavings on the floor, 1 or 2 bales a year would do the trick.
8x8 is a lot of PDZ and I'm not sure what the advantage would be.

Back
Top Bottom