Changing turner racks in an LG - How in the ****????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by KellyHM, Jan 10, 2009.

1. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    I am trying to take a couple chicken egg racks out to replace them w/ quail egg racks and they won't come out! I can see the grooves in the plastic on the sides, so it looks like I should turn them and slide them up, but they won't go! I'm literally torking them as much as possible w/o just snapping the plastic. How the heck do you change them out?!?!?!

2. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Witch model is it?

i have both models .. now if your talking about the new model like this

[​IMG]

then you have to unscrew the small screw where the motor is at then the racks will come out.

but if it's the old model like this

[​IMG]

you will see little plates on the end of each rack.. you take those plates off and the rack will come off.

[​IMG] hope this helps

3. Used to have one of these. The motor shot craps and what I really did not like is the the motor got REALLY hot.

You have to take off the motor to change out the rails. It aint that hard, but it is a small pain.

4. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Quote:Yes, it's like the first one. I didn't know there WAS a screw...I was just trying to turn it so it would come out. Duh! Thanks...that will make it MUCH easier.

5. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Your welcome [​IMG]

i was going through the same thing so i know how ya feel [​IMG]

once you unscrew the screw it should be very easy to do and you should be able to put it back together because it's just a small screw you have to screw back on [​IMG]

6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Just to clarify, you don't have to take the motor completely off! One of the screws will allow the motor to tilt to the side, which makes all the trays turn, then you just pull up on the end attached to the turner, pull the 'peg' out of the other end and that's it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by