Changing Your Post Format

LittleBits

Songster
6 Years
Apr 18, 2013
Kentucky
My Coop
My Coop
I have looked high and low but haven't found it yet! Could someone please tell me how to change your post format so that the post you are specifically responding to is pasted in your post? Thank you so much!

Just click "quote" in the lower right hand corner of their post, and it will appear in your reply box, for you to type a response to. You can even edit what you quoted. Sometimes this makes reading the forum a lot easier. If you are quoting a long post and only answering one sentence, for example, you can edit out the rest of the post. Then when you have submitted your reply, the reader can easily return to what you quoted by clicking the icon next to their name.

...You can even edit what you quoted. Sometimes this makes reading the forum a lot easier. If you are quoting a long post and only answering one sentence, for example, you can edit out the rest of the post. ..
Yes, that is why I wanted to learn, because sometimes I read something and I have no idea what they were referring to, so I'm sure others might have the same problem with my answers! Thank you!
frow.gif

Haha, you obviously figured it out!
yippiechickie.gif

Now you can learn how to multi quote. Just click multi quote for each post you want to quote, then click reply right next to it, in the last post you quote.

Or, if you forget, and hovering works on your computer, you can hover over "multi" or "quote" and get the instructions.

Last edited:
Quote:
Haha, you obviously figured it out!
yippiechickie.gif

Now you can learn how to multi quote. ...... hovering works on your computer, ......

Yeah! You give good instructions! My mouse hovers, but I didn't hover, so I never saw the directions! Thanks again! This makes a lot more sense!
yesss.gif

And, if you want to see the nested quotes in replies, click on Preferences and find Remove Nested Replies In Quotes and click no.
smile.png
I just figured out how to do that, so I though I'd share it with you.

I'm not sure what you mean by this??

In your profile, under site preferences you can select or deselect "remove nested quotes in replies." Nested quotes are the quotes inside the quotes. I had to play with it to see how it works. In post #6, chickenfan has deselected this option. I have selected it here.

Back
Top Bottom