1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chantecler Breeder and Owner Database Project

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Klorinth, Mar 5, 2010.

1. HallFamilyFarm

HallFamilyFarm PA ETL#195

Jan 25, 2010
    Collins, Arkansas

We have some White Chateclers imported 10/2011 from Greg Oakes in Ontario, Canada. PM me for hatching egg prices. The pullet is not laying yet, but should soon.

2. HallFamilyFarm

HallFamilyFarm PA ETL#195

Jan 25, 2010
    Collins, Arkansas
  3. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    We bred Partridge Albertan Chanteclers, from Blehm's stock. We sell chicks, started fowl, and hatching eggs.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  4. Jake Levi

Jake Levi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2011
    Harrisville, MI
    In April a MI friend and I are picking up Partridge Chicks in Birch Run, south of Flint, MI, the owner of the hatchery has birds imported from Canada and is showing his successfuly.

I am anxiously counting the days to the last of April.

5. Shuswapfran

Shuswapfran New Egg

Oct 21, 2012
    Hi ! We have a Trio of White Standard Canteclers. Just got a incubator for Xmas. Starting to save the eggs. Getting Eggs in January is new to me and I am not feeding Laying mash ether.Here is a picture of Henry I took today. Our Snowbird.
    [​IMG]

6. Jake Levi

Jan 14, 2011
    Harrisville, MI
    Snowbird is well named ! He's a beauty !

I am planning on a dozen chicks in late April and would like to also buy a couple dozen eggs about then, Partridge eggs. Anyone in Ohio or Indiana I would consider driving down and picking them up.

Jake

7. skookumchuck

skookumchuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2012
    Jefferson City, MO
    I am planning this spring to buy White, buff and partridge chicks. Going to have a breeding program for all three but the culls will go into the mixed flock for meat and eggs. I am really looking forward to having them on the farm.(not a big farm just 5 acres but it gives me the excuse to pretend to be a farmer) In Jefferson City Missouri.

8. Jake Levi

Jan 14, 2011
    Harrisville, MI
    Hi Skookum did you used to live in Washington State?

Where did the Buff come from? Who started that?

9. Gneta831

Gneta831 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 4, 2012
    Northeast Wisconsin
    I am in NorthEast Wisconsin and breed and raise White Chanteclers, large fowl. I have had this breed a few years now and love them. Breeding stock originated from Greg Oakes in Canada and Sandhill Preservation Society. I have just begun to exhibit these birds. I am a member of Chantecler Fancier International organization. I highly encourage anyone who is serious about participating in preserving this rare and special breed to become a member of their professional organization. I do sell hatching eggs and young stock when available. I only keep my very best for reproducing next year's chicks. My current breeding group consists of one male and six females.

Gina
    [email protected]

10. skookumchuck

skookumchuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2012
    Jefferson City, MO
    The buffs were developed in the 50's or 60's there is a thread someplace that talked of thier development. It also said that the bluff is the most widely owned of the three strains. The reds are a partridge buff cross. I have only seen 1 picture of the black but I think the place that had them in BC no longer raises chickens, Cherry Creek Canadians was the place that had them.

I lived in BC north of Montana but I was out to the coast alot on Vancouver Island lived there as a kid.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by