Chantecler Thread!

Pics
OHOH, I went into lockdown Saturday evening and just about 1/2 hour ago I heard my first peeping coming from inside the incubator.....
jumpy.gif
SOMEBODY is wanting OUT!! Yeah
wee.gif
I did have to toss one egg, it was a dud, but the ones left are 2 barred rocks with buff chante father, and the other 4 are all buff Chante's. SO EGGCITED now, I'll probably not sleep another wink till the hatch is complete.

Hope all you having Valentines Day hatches have a GREAT HATCH!!

Love the decorations! I need to build Wood and Mandarin Duck nest boxes, a sign to put on the mailbox for when I have eggs and this brooder!

idunno.gif
How am I going to get that done when I have to work? Ugh. Better just start and work a little at a time. I do have vacation next week!
yesss.gif

5 of my eggs have hatched, ones I thought were buff chantecler's came out all black so I don't think I was correct in identifying the eggs. Oh well, I have 5 new babies. AND I am the lucky recipient of 6 pure white Chante eggs from the Greg Oakes group via Jims Farm Standl...they'll be coming soon. I hope I have enough time to get the incubator cleaned and ready.... Happy Spring Hatches everyone...
jumpy.gif

A couple pictures of my Partridge Chantecler cockerel.

One of a nice pullet.

And one of a pullet with a bit too much facial growth (above and below). I think she'll have to be removed from the breeding program.

Anyone have Partridge Chantecler hatching eggs for sell? Only interested in about 6-8 eggs. Would like to start a small flock of this breed. I know you can buy chicks from hatcheries but I like hatching them myself. Just send me private message. Would like to see pics of the parents too! Thanks in advance!

A couple of genetics questions.

1) I have done a little looking into the cushion comb genetics. Am I correct in understanding that two cushion combed parents will not always produce a cushion combed offspring?

2) These wattles aren't present on my other females. Is there a connection between the wattles and the non-cushion comb? Or, just coincidence?

Thanks,
Tim

Back
Top Bottom