Chantecler Thread!

Pics
I like the crele color so go for it. It is your flock. I am getting some Partridge eggs, and some buff Eggs and Whites too. My egg flock will be culls from the breeding flock, the cull roosters will be sunday dinner guests. So i may play with some crosses for the fun of it and at the same time keep breeding good quality birds as close to the SOP as I can. Now if I can track down who ever on Vancouver Island has the rumored Black Chanties I will be happy.

Jake~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hatched some more of the Partridge (parents), and out of 5 (eggs set), I have 1 more crele cockerel.

See what I mean ?
I am not "doing it" as you said...it is "doing itself" if that makes any sense.
In the 3 eggs I hatched last fall, 1 was white...go figure that out !!!!!!!!!
he.gif

So, onward I trudge !

Hi Robin

Thats different, take what you get and go with them.

My post was just to warn against selecting against the breeds colors. To me hens are whatever color that they are, but use a white or partridge rooster depending on whether they are Albertan or White. Then select among the chicks as you can.

Good luck with yours. April is coming and I am getting real antsy to be getting chicks and hatching eggs. I am hoping to visit John Blems soon and seeing his flock, if I can.

Good luck to all of you who are going to be hatching Chanteclers soon !

Is there a breeder of Chanteclers in New Brunswick, Canada? I have tried Google, but no luck so far.

Thanks in advance!

Any White or Partridge Chantacler breeders in the Pacific Northwest? I'd be looking for started/adult birds in the late summer/fall or chicks/eggs early next year.

you folks that are looking for stock should really check out the clubs site

http://www.chanteclerfanciersinternational.org/

I'm sure if you contacted any of the officers in your region they could give you some leads

If you are serious about the breed, I suggest you spend the $10 and join the club, you will have access to the breeders directory and online forums. When I joined I had almost instant response from Mike Gilbert the secretary who provides documents and info. I used paypal and was impressed with the instant response.

Last edited:

I'm sure if you contacted any of the officers in your region they could give you some leads

If you are serious about the breed, I suggest you spend the $10 and join the club, you will have access to the breeders directory and online forums. When I joined I had almost instant response from Mike Gilbert the secretary who provides documents and info. I used paypal and was impressed with the instant response.

I sent off an email to the closest officer. Haven't heard back yet. Hopefully will before long. It's just the waiting game. I have been almost entirely out of birds for a while now but getting back in and all three breeds I want (Langshans, WFB Spanish and Chanteclers) are difficult to find.

For people that have both varieties, I know they had different origins to the point some people refuse to call them the same breed, but are they different enough that's it'd be rewarding and different to have both White and Partridge? I've been trying to decide if I wanna go with just my favorite in bigger numbers eventually or maintain both. I have the property and time for both but am still building facilities etc.

I sent off an email to the closest officer. Haven't heard back yet. Hopefully will before long. It's just the waiting game. I have been almost entirely out of birds for a while now but getting back in and all three breeds I want (Langshans, WFB Spanish and Chanteclers) are difficult to find.

For people that have both varieties, I know they had different origins to the point some people refuse to call them the same breed, but are they different enough that's it'd be rewarding and different to have both White and Partridge? I've been trying to decide if I wanna go with just my favorite in bigger numbers eventually or maintain both. I have the property and time for both but am still building facilities etc.

Make sure you let me know what you decide on the WFB Spanish. I know a woman in California who has been winning at all the shows she goes to with her cockerel this year.

I recently shipped Chantecler eggs from Saginaw Bay area of Michigan to North FLorida, via PRIORITY mail. Cost $8.75. The tracking report said they were due to arrive there 2 days after I shipped them, but the lady didn't receive them. After inquiries to my post office and nobody knowing anything of their whereabouts I was highly infuriated and left my comments for them on their wall on facebook. Only place I could find to send them a message. The lady finally got a message that her package would arrive that day, only 9 days late and we both suspect the eggs will be no good. Be very wary of shipping to N Florida, I hear stuff sets in the sorting area in Jacksonville for huge amounts of time.
Sorry if this makes any postal workers mad, but it also makes people mad to pay for quality service from people with back-ground checks and don't get it. Just saying.
I am only offering my eggs now to Michigan residents, and will personally drive half way to delever them by hand.

Back
Top Bottom