Chantecler Thread!

Albertan?? You mean Partridge Chantecler, right? The name Albertan was effectively done away with in 1935 by the APA Standards Committee.

Welcome,
You are going to find that there are differing opinions on what is, or isn't a chantecler. :)
It seems that not everyone agrees with the APA classification.
For myself, I try to not have an opinion. What I need a is cold-hardy bird who lays well in the dark cold winter and the rest of year, has almost no comb/wattles, and plays well with others.
Sue

Yup, I know about the opinions. I always make an attempt to correct erroneous opinions. Sometimes it helps, sometimes not. I'm a lifetime member of the APA, and as far as I'm concerned their decisions are final. There is no other organization that has that kind of weight, and individual opinions are a dime a dozen. The APA was formed in 1873, is the oldest livestock organization in North America and has thousands of members. I'm also the secretary-treasurer of Chantecler Fanciers International and our organization falls right in line with the APA on this issue. Thanks for the message though!

I've been following this thread in preparation for my partridge chantecler eggs that I bought from Jamie, RhodeRunner. They are hatching right now.

I currently have Araucanas, Buckeyes and a Cornish cross meat line I use for a sustainable meat bird. I also have Jersey Buff and Midget White turkeys.

I'm looking forward to learning more about this breed. I'll post some pics when the chicks re done hatching.

Yup, I know about the opinions. I always make an attempt to correct erroneous opinions. Sometimes it helps, sometimes not. I'm a lifetime member of the APA, and as far as I'm concerned their decisions are final. There is no other organization that has that kind of weight, and individual opinions are a dime a dozen. The APA was formed in 1873, is the oldest livestock organization in North America and has thousands of members. I'm also the secretary-treasurer of Chantecler Fanciers International and our organization falls right in line with the APA on this issue. Thanks for the message though!

goodpost.gif
thumbsup.gif

Ahhh...success! I found out I have 4 Partridge Brahma's not Partridge Chantecler's! That explains the blue down & feathered feet. I wish some chicken breeders actually knew what they had
idunno.gif

I'm quite happy with that, now I can continue my breeding program
yippiechickie.gif

Parti Brahmas are still nice :) Just not PC.
Decided to start over with eggs this winter. Thanks for the offer JC. I'll check back. Till then I will be eating duck.

Back
Top Bottom