Chantecler Thread!

Thanks Chantecler7. I am happy to help. I would strongly encourage those who are interested in working with and raising this breed to consider joining the Chanteclers Fancier Organization. A plethora of invaluable information and resources await!

Gina Neta

"plethora" now there's a word you don't see everyday
cool.png

I fully agree on joining the club,,,helpful folks with great info

There is a Breeders Directory at www.chanteclerfanciersinternational.org . I would try Gina Neta.

Thank you, I will check it out!

I'm just beginning my search for the next couple of breeds I want to try...

Requirements are: heat & cold hardy--no single combs--minimal wattles, forage well, lay decent. I have THREE empty coops right now and it's driving me nuts!
lol.png

I use the pop bottle waterers from Cutler's Supply and I LOVE them. I have several for each pen that I rotate out...

My RIR (I have RC & SC) both have BIG wattles and they are all grey/black and frostbitten...and that's just from pecking in the snow. :( Plus, we live off of a lake so all of the humidity from that doesn't help....

I'm probably parting with my RIR's this month and will be considering another breed to go in their place...I hate the thought of parting with them because they are a pretty nice line but I can't show them if they're missing pieces and I feel guilty about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacy Blues

Ooooo, I wish I had room and money enough to take those for you. I LOVE RIRs! I really like the rose combed ones but wish they had smaller wattles. There isn't much of anything finer than a well-bred Rhode Island Red!

Heresy! This IS a Chantecler thread! Seriously, I much prefer the challenge of breeding a penciled bird, and the Partridge Chantecler serves my preferences very well.

Ooooo, I wish I had room and money enough to take those for you.  I LOVE RIRs!  I really like the rose combed ones but wish they had smaller wattles.  There isn't much of anything finer than a well-bred Rhode Island Red!

Heresy!   This IS a Chantecler thread!   Seriously, I much prefer the challenge of breeding a penciled bird, and the Partridge Chantecler serves my preferences very well.
And here I'm specifically getting the white so I can focus on learning/breeding type. :) Not that I'm afraid of challenge, I also have Orloffs and that's a whole lot of challenge in one breed. But it is why I picked white over penciled.

Back
Top Bottom