They are getting older

IMG_1589.JPG
IMG_1589.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1590.JPG
    IMG_1590.JPG
    554.6 KB · Views: 1
Hi,

I got three beautiful white chanteclers from a local breeder - They are about 7 weeks now. I am stumped with these amazing, curious little chicks when it comes to their gender. There seems to be no indication with comb/wattle like I'm used to. I also can't find very much information on them and how to sex them.

Can anyone advise me on what to look for and when they should be showing signs? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Thanks in advance!

I found a home for Junior, and things are a lot more peaceful here. I've got eight white Chatie chicks, five weeks old, and sometimes think 'there's cockerel', but in general, I don't have a clue! My Belgian d 'Uccle chicks are obvious at three weeks of age, and my EE bantam chicks at four weeks. Those little combs are tricky! Cockerels will have thicker legs, if that helps, and a slightly redder comb. Mary

I hear you Folly's place,
I've got nine lights Sussex I'm growing out and I have yet to hear a single Crow. they're fully feathered. by now I should have heard something something that sound like a strangled cat as they try to learn to grow. I'm beginning to be worried I've got all pullets. I need a rooster to. maybe I'll buy one next year.
Best,
Karen

I hear you Folly's place,
I've got nine lights Sussex I'm growing out and I have yet to hear a single Crow. they're fully feathered. by now I should have heard something something that sound like a strangled cat as they try to learn to grow. I'm beginning to be worried I've got all pullets. I need a rooster to. maybe I'll buy one next year.
Best,
Karen

Wow! I wish I had that problem with my chicks this year.

Gorgeous birds. Gotta ask... Are you in Nova Scotia? Just curious, 'cos of your username.
Yes I'm from Nova Scotia! Are you as well?

In the top picture; the bird on the left is a pullet, the center chick is a cockerel, and the bird on the right is probably a cockerel (maybe). They are nice! Mary

I was suspecting the same thing. Just hoping they get along well with my other roosters. Otherwise I may have to rehome them all - they are quite bonded, more so than any of my other there chicks. We will see how things sort themselves out! Love these guys.

Back
Top Bottom