Chantecler Thread!

Pics
Quote:
Well, if you had a couple girls to go with one, I would be interested. Hmmm, how far is it from me to you? I will have to mapquest and see.

I'm in Lawrence, and all highways lead here...or you'd think so from the city's growth!

I'm afraid I got tons of boys in this group, so I don't think I'll give up any girls, but I'm also not certain I can reliably sex, so you might just end up with one or two...

They are super nice birds- I didn't think they'd be so friendly for some reason.

Couple of the boys
IMG_4430.jpg

IMG_4435.jpg

IMG_4431.jpg

Quote:
large of bantam whites?

Any one want a 5ish month old white chante' roo, he's a bantam. Decent looking bird can't tell the quatilty pick up only. No pullets this year sorry.

Quote:
Hi,

I don't live in a hot part of the country, but Massachusetts has had some awful heat and humidity this summer. The chanteclers went through their molting during the first hot spell, and stopped laying for a few weeks. Egg laying was slow for awhile, and then they adjusted just fine. They didn't seem to suffer from the heat as much as some others (buff orpingtons for example). I think the frozen water bottle idea is great....that and Lots of Cool Water....

They laid just great all winter, and wanted to be out almost every day unless the wind was fierce. Just natural light all winter.

They come from Al Pilon here in Ontario. He says he has such a high demand for the chicks he can't keep up. So when my kids showed some interest in Chickens he gave me 10 top quality birds to start our own breeding program.

Can't wait till spring

Back
Top Bottom