Chantecler Thread!

Pics
Quote:
Bantam or LF?

LF. I haven't weighed him, but he's a brick house!
smile.png

Ok
smile.png

Quote:
LF. I haven't weighed him, but he's a brick house!
smile.png

Ok
smile.png

If you get any more, let me know- you should try to reproduce this- put him with all the Partridge hens that may have been the momma? I'd be interested in some if you had him over Partridge hens. Perhaps I could get there eventually with his offspring them- I can't even guess what will happen with him over whites.

My Partridges are laying like mad- I'm tickled. I'm very happy with their density- these things are clearly made of lead!!

LOVE THEM!! There isn't a personality like this I've ever encountered- just the nicest birds!!

Quote:
I went to Gilbert's site (I recognized it from long ago) but was unable to find a list of chickens. Does he breed and sell large fowl Partridge Chanteclers, or just bantams?

Quote:
Ok
smile.png

If you get any more, let me know- you should try to reproduce this- put him with all the Partridge hens that may have been the momma? I'd be interested in some if you had him over Partridge hens. Perhaps I could get there eventually with his offspring them- I can't even guess what will happen with him over whites.

My Partridges are laying like mad- I'm tickled. I'm very happy with their density- these things are clearly made of lead!!

LOVE THEM!! There isn't a personality like this I've ever encountered- just the nicest birds!!

I don't have access to the parents at all. Also, the white is recessive, so that's why I'm using them. It SHOULD give me visually crele chicks faster that way, first generation will carry the white, and then when I breed his daughters back to him, less of them will carry white, etc...

Yeah, his personality is just amazing!
smile.png

Quote:
Will you be taking him to Stevenson in April? We will be there and I was hoping that I will get to see him there
big_smile.png

Nope, sorry. Not risking ANYTHING with this boy!
wink.png
He's in a completely 100% predator proof enclosure, and while the Stevenson shows are always great, and I've never seen a sick bird there, it's just not worth it at this point, plus there's always the risk of theft at a show - again, not worth it.
wink.png

Quote:
Will you be taking him to Stevenson in April? We will be there and I was hoping that I will get to see him there
big_smile.png

wink.png
He's in a completely 100% predator proof enclosure, and while the Stevenson shows are always great, and I've never seen a sick bird there, it's just not worth it at this point, plus there's always the risk of theft at a show - again, not worth it.
wink.png

I can understand that, I have a friend that shows Seabrights and padlocks all of his cages at shows. Was your rooster the one I heard about on showbirdbid that was at the show in Chehalis Washington?

Quote:
wink.png
wink.png

I can understand that, I have a friend that shows Seabrights and padlocks all of his cages at shows. Was your rooster the one I heard about on showbirdbid that was at the show in Chehalis Washington?

Must be. That's where I got him. showbirdbid huh? What did you hear about him over there? I just went over and did a search and didn't come up with anything...

Last edited:
Quote:
I went to Gilbert's site (I recognized it from long ago) but was unable to find a list of chickens. Does he breed and sell large fowl Partridge Chanteclers, or just bantams?

He sells both Partridge and Buff LF, I emailed him.

Quote:

I don't have access to the parents at all. Also, the white is recessive, so that's why I'm using them. It SHOULD give me visually crele chicks faster that way, first generation will carry the white, and then when I breed his daughters back to him, less of them will carry white, etc...

Yeah, his personality is just amazing!
smile.png

Do you know what White Chanteclers are masking under white?

Back
Top Bottom