Chantecler Thread!

Pics
Quote:
LOL, ok, I guess they look about as Cornish as they do Chantecler, but it would be just as easy to make BLR and Blue Chanteclers with them as it would be BLR or Blue Cornish.

I really like the old pictures of Chanteclers that show the heavy Cornish influence. These were originally a very WIDE, stocky, heavy bird from what I understand. My Buff Chantecler looked quite a bit like a more refined and much fluffier Cornish.

umm Blacks & Blues are Quebec (as fair as i know. ) i don't think any new colours of Chanteclers well be accepted for a bit. I plan on working on a project if i can get my hands on good Partridges. That is the only stock i need for the project i have the rest.

Hey now, I never said I actually thought they ever in a million years had a chance to be accepted or that I had any interest in doing that.

I just think these are cool looking birds and they reminded me a bit of my Chantecler. I would like a second generation from one of these roos over some white Chanteclers. Seems like that would make a pretty dual-purpose bird that I would find quite pleasing for my own personal farm bird.
smile.png
Solid colors are so boring
tongue.png

I am actually not very familiar with the Quebec, does anyone have more information or a photo of these birds?

Quote:
umm Blacks & Blues are Quebec (as fair as i know. ) i don't think any new colours of Chanteclers well be accepted for a bit. I plan on working on a project if i can get my hands on good Partridges. That is the only stock i need for the project i have the rest.

Hey now, I never said I actually thought they ever in a million years had a chance to be accepted or that I had any interest in doing that.

I just think these are cool looking birds and they reminded me a bit of my Chantecler. I would like a second generation from one of these roos over some white Chanteclers. Seems like that would make a pretty dual-purpose bird that I would find quite pleasing for my own personal farm bird.
smile.png
Solid colors are so boring
tongue.png

I am actually not very familiar with the Quebec, does anyone have more information or a photo of these birds?

The BLR cornish over Partridges would be a better change of looking some thing like BLR. White can hide almost any thing. I have only heard rumors of the Blues & Blacks.

Quote:
Not to me
hide.gif

LOL, ok, I guess they look about as Cornish as they do Chantecler, but it would be just as easy to make BLR and Blue Chanteclers with them as it would be BLR or Blue Cornish.

I really like the old pictures of Chanteclers that show the heavy Cornish influence. These were originally a very WIDE, stocky, heavy bird from what I understand. My Buff Chantecler looked quite a bit like a more refined and much fluffier Cornish.

Any color in a Chantecler would be pretty.

Quote:
Oh my GOOD LORD but that Roo is beautiful. Were you able to establish color and type with him?

Thanks! I haven't gotten to breed him yet. The eggs for his future girlfriends are in the incubator right now...got a LONG wait ahead...but in the meantime he's having fun playing with the 4H kids at my meetings! He's SOOOO sweet!!

Received a phone call today from Ideal. My chicks were to be shipped in the morning. Sadly, only THREE Buff Chanteclers hatched. Very low fertility. They offered to substitute the Reds or Partridge. I explained the entire reason I ordered was for the Buff Chanteclers. So they changed my delivery date to Feb 22. Good thing. 3-6" of snow due by midnight tomorrow! Would hate for my chicks to travel in this weather. Ideal said they are expecting about the same snow fall today.

Is anyone else having fertility issues with their Buffs? Of course it is early February.

Back
Top Bottom