Charity....As you open your pockets for yet another natural disaster

Quote:
Excellent post. It brought me back out from lurking. With this you can cross reference and see what criteria is used to evaluate the different charities. Your criteria will probably be different from mine.

I used to give blood 4 times a year. Then I caught Hepatitis B. Now I cannot give blood since it fails their initial screening.

There are 11 different local "thrift shops" in this area where the proceeds goes to help people in need, not for private profit. The local newpaper recently ran an article on them. There are probably some in your area. I get a lot of my clothes there as well as several other things. Some clothing is in excellent condition and can be worn anywhere. Some of the jeans are exactly what I need to work in the garden. And this is a great place to drop off the things that need to be "recycled".

Quote:
When I was in the Army I used to line up with all the derelicts to sell my plasma. They gave us 10.00 and sold it for hundreds. Had to be sure you had enough protein on board. That's all they checked for on a regular basis.

Back
Top Bottom